So, I now have two Amazon Bestsellers... from nowhere to here in just over two years. I've been thinking about how I did it and have come up with these ten top tips for writing a successful book as I realise there are a lot of you out there thinking 'I wish I could do that' - well you can!
Just follow this ten step recipe and you have every chance of joining me or maybe doing even better.
- Build an author platform (website, blog and social media) with a newsletter sign up to build your fan base.
- Write a killer book!
- Get a great cover that is appropriate for the genre of your book.
- Edit the hell out of it until it's pretty much perfect.
- Write an enticing blurb that grabs your audience.
- Go exclusive to Amazon
- Pick relevant but not over popular keywords for your Amazon book search.
- Invest in paid and free advertising at least for your launch week but longer if it goes well.
- Write a series.
- Write more books!